What You'll Learn
A Two-day intensive workshop for CIOs and their direct reports to learn how to be strategic in IT Alignment and Leadership. The topics covered in this workshop:
- The historical trends and forces behind the ascendancy of the modern corporate CIO and how these compel a CIO to have a central role in the strategic business planning efforts of the company.
- Why the focus of the modern CIO should be on IT Alignment.
- The many advantages of doing IT Alignment correctly.
- How to make the financial argument for IT Alignment, Part I: The "why" and "how-to" of calculating ROIs for the strategic elements of IT projects.
- Building the business case when ROI isn't enough: The importance of intangibles for proposed IT projects and their relationship to the strategic business goals.
- The importance of Post Project Audits as part of the justification for proposed IT projects and their role in the IT Alignment plan.
- The Universal and critical mandate for IT Alignment.
- The principles of leadership and how the CIO uses them to strengthen the IT Alignment process.
- What are the challenges the CIO will face when s/he first tries to introduce IT Alignment in an organization and how should these be addressed?
- What business skills, communication skills, political skills and focus are required of a CIO as s/he implements a successful IT Alignment program?
- A practical process for implementing IT Alignment process: The five steps of IT Alignment.
- A real-life example: One company's IT Alignment plan.
- Corporate political communications: Building consensus at the CXO level (a tutorial).
- An exploration of the various CXO business perspectives and agendas and how to use these to your advantages in the IT Alignment process.
- Corporate political capital: What is it, why is it important, and how do you accumulate it?